Wednesday, June 01, 2005

feeling defeated

All too often I lose sight of the meaning of the Cross. I keep putting that "veil" over my eyes and fall back into that dilluted vision that my life is my own...I feel so much like Apostle Paul --"I do the things I do not want to do, and don't do the things I do want to." And then I realize I've fallen into a spiritual coma and deceive myself by thinking I'm slave to my sin and that "nobody's perfect"....CH!

Romans 6
Dead to Sin, Alive in Christ
1What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? 2By no means! We died to sin; how can we live in it any longer?....17But thanks be to God that, though you used to be slaves to sin, you wholeheartedly obeyed the form of teaching to which you were entrusted. 18You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

I'm here for Him-Holy God. I get so caught up in living the life He gave me, I forget why He gave it to me....to glorify Him. All of these pleasures we find here on earth can't amount to the pleasure I can find glorifying Him...so why do I choose them over Him? God, help me to never lose sight of the "bigger picture".

Lord, I have said the eternal Yes.
Let me never, having put my hand to the plough, look back.
Make straight the way of the cross before me.
Give me love, that there may be no room for a wayward thought or step.

3 comments:

Corry said...

We may lead ourselves away from God but we always have the choice to turn back. You did:-) Way to go girl!

We should thank Him more often for being such a patient and gracious God.

God's Grace.

Corry said...

Hey girlie, are you ok? I haven't seen you on here much lately and got a little concerned.

God's Grace.

Corry said...

A belated Happy Birthday!!!

God's Grace.