Monday, September 26, 2005

Martin Luther

-God writes the gospel not in the Bible alone, but on trees, and flowers, and clouds, and stars.
-I am more afraid of my own heart than of the pope and all his cardinals. I have within me the great pope, Self.
-I shall never be a heretic; I may err in dispute, but I do not wish to decide anything finally; on the other hand, I am not bound by the opinions of men.
-Let the wife make the husband glad to come home, and let him make her sorry to see him leave.
-No man ought to lay a cross upon himself, or to adopt tribulation, as is done in popedom; but if a cross or tribulation come upon him, then let him suffer it patiently, and know that it is good and profitable for him.
-Reason is the enemy of faith. The fewer the words, the better the prayer.
-The human heart is like a ship on a stormy sea driven about by winds blowing from all four corners of heaven.
-There is no more lovely, friendly and charming relationship, communion or company than a good marriage. (aww)

No comments: